Russian Government Scholarship is a unique opportunity for highly talented students. The Russian Government has announced the Open Door International Olympiad for the fifth time.
The aim of this olympiad is to select the world’s best minds and to attract them to come to Russia for higher studies and research. The Open Doors Scholarship allows the olympiad winners to choose from any of 500 Russian universities which also include 21 leading universities participants of the 5-100 projects. This year’s Open Doors Olympiad includes 14 subject areas that are mostly related to science.
The Open Doors Competition is organized by a group of leading Russian universities. The whole Olympiad for foreign students is a collaborative effort of the Association of Global Universities with the ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs. Moreover, the Compartrots living abroad and international Humanitarian Cooperation are also among the organizers of the Open Doors Russian Scholarship project association.
The Russian scholarship for international students is open for the master’s and PhD programs. The students who have excellent academic records and outstanding leadership qualities and wish to study in Russia for free must participate in this global olympiad for postgraduate students. Fortunately, like last year 14 subject areas are present and the new thing is the students for PhD can also apply in any of these subject areas. Last year, the PhD students were only able to apply for only 6 areas.
The international scholarship in Russia is an olympiad because of its selection process. The participants have to be the winner of this olympiad in order to get free higher education in Russia. The Open Doors scholarship has two competitive rounds for the master’s students and three competitive rounds for the PhD students. The students have to qualify each round in order to get this paid foreign scholarship in Russian Universities. As the whole program is a highly competitive process. every selection round is very exciting and unique. The following article is a complete guide about its rounds. Furthermore, in the following paragraphs the benefits, eligibility, and the procedure to apply in this Russian Government Open Doors Olympiad for foreign students are explained in detail.
Russian Government Scholarship 2022:
This scholarship competition is organized by the top universities in Russia. These universities are:
- Higher School of Economics (HSE)
- Tomsk state university
- ITMO University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Novosibirsk State Universtity
- National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
- National University of Science and Technology MISIS
- Ural Federal University
- Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University “LETI”
- Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU)
- Tomsk Polytechnic University
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- People’s Friendship University of Russia (RUDN)
- University of Tyumen
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Kazan University
- Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod (UNN)
- Samara National Research University
- Siberian Federal University
- South Ural State University
- Master’s Program
Benefits of the Russian Government Scholarship 2021:
- The tuition fee will be paid by the Russian Federation.
- The winner can get admission to any Russian University which offers the subject in which he/she may have won the Olympiad.
- If you are not selected for last year’s Olympiad, you can apply for this year again.
Eligibility Criteria of the Russian Government Scholarship 2020-21:
- All international or foreign students for masters and PhD can apply.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree for master’s track and a master’s degree or specialist’s degree for doctoral track analogous to PhD.
- The compatriots who are living abroad can also apply.
- There is no gender discrimination in this Olympiad.
- Every foreign individual regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, or gender can apply.
- The participant must be proficient in English or Russian language.
How to Apply for the Open Doors Russian Scholarship 2022?
- As this is an Olympiad, it has two rounds for every participant and an additional round for the participants for the doctoral degree.
- In order to apply, click on the “Participate” button and start the rounds after registration.
- The first round includes the portfolio filing, the candidates have to prepare a portfolio that must include all the relevant documents e.g. certificates, awards, honors, and research papers. Include all your achievements in your portfolio.
- The same structure of the portfolio can be used for all subjects separately.
- Submit your portfolio before the deadline. After that, you can not be able to edit it.
- After selection in round-2, you will receive an email for stage-2 which will contain all the instructions for this stage.
- Stage -2 will be an exam that will be taken online. Upload all your related answer files. You will be monitored online through a webcam and you are not allowed to leave the exam until asked.
- PhD students have to take stage-3. In stage-3 PhD students will be interviewed.
- After getting a go-ahead from the jury the PhD students have to select the supervisor for their research.
- You can apply to as many subjects as you want but you have to apply separately.
- The documents must be translated into Russian and must be notarized if you are an Olympiad winner or prize winner.
- The last date to register for the Government of Russia Scholarship 2022 is December 10, 2021.
Share this content: