The Facebook Fellowship Program is solely designed to support and encourage doctoral students. Globally this Facebook research fellowship provides chances to those doctoral students who are doing their research in innovations to learns from a well connect and globally recognized organization.
The fellows who are pursuing their doctoral degrees and any field related to computer science and engineering are welcomed to apply for the top-class international fellowship program at Facebook. This will help the doctoral students to polish their research by getting connected with a top-notch organization and getting themselves free of all of the financial burdens during their study tenure.
The Facebook Fellowship for doctoral students allows them to continue their doctoral program and research in the same university in which they are already enrolled. However, the tuition fee and a monthly stipend will be provided by this fully funded fellowship program. Moreover, the program includes a number of fellowships in different areas of study. The doctoral students whose area of research in-related to the areas of Facebook research teams’ focus are welcome to apply. These research areas may include AI System HW SW Co-Design, Applied Statistics, Networking, Privacy and Data Use, Programming Languages, Audio Presence, and many more. The list is provided in the following paragraphs.
As Facebook is an organization that connects people from around the world since its inception, it is an organization of diversity. The Facebook Fellowship program encourages students from diverse backgrounds and from traditionally underrepresented communities to come forward and be a part of the program. In addition, all the fellows will be getting a chance to visit a Facebook Headquarters in the USA while participating in the Facebook fellowship summit. This will enhance the connectivity and creativity of the fellows. Moreover, the fellows from different countries of the world are connecting with each other under one roof. This type of initiative leaves long-term positive impressions that are the key to a better world.
The fully funded international fellowship for PhD students does not restrict them on the basis of their academic year. Besides, students in any year of their PhD program have equal chances and opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers. In the annual Facebook Fellowship Summit in the USA, the fellows get to engage with each other while discussing their research work and learning from others’ experiences. The following article is a complete guide about the benefits and eligibility criteria of this fellowship along with the other procedure to apply.
Facebook Fellowship Program:
- AI System HW SW Co-Design
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- AR/VR Human-Computer Interaction
- AR/VR Human Understanding
- AR/VR Perception, Cognition, and Action
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Audio Presence
- Augmented Reality Audio
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
Benefits of the Facebook Fellowship Program 2022:
- The tuition and fees for the academic years up to two years or four semesters will be paid by the Facebook fellowship program.
- The tuition and fees will be directly submitted to the institution.
- An annual stipend of $42,000 will be provided that will cover the living cost as well as the cost of conference travel.
- An annual stipend will be given to the fellows directly.
- A fully-paid visit to Facebook Headquarters in the USA for the Facebook Fellowship summit.
Eligibility Criteria of the Facebook Fellowship Program 2022.
- The applicant must be a full-time PhD student enrolled in an accredited institute.
- The applicant can be of any nationality enrolled in any country’s university.
- The applicant must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines.
- In order to get the benefits of the Fellowship, the applicant must remain enrolled till the completion of the fellowship.
- If students are already getting any other Facebook grant they are not eligible.
How to apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program 2022?
- The applicant has to apply online.
- The applicant has to provide complete and accurate personal details.
- The university details and the PhD program details must be accurate.
- No question should be left blank.
- Provide exact contact details of your referee because they will be contacted for the reference letters. Furthermore, they send a template for their reference letters to their email address.
- A research proposal of 500 words is required.
- Two letters of recommendation and the letter must be from your university professor.
- The application deadline for the Facebook Fellowship Program 2022 is September 20, 2021.