Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-2023 are an integral part of the Swiss Government’s international strategy for education, research, and innovation. The fully funded scholarships in Switzerland are for master’s, PhD, and Post-Doc students from the world.
However, the grant in research is available for ambitious and self-motivated PhD and Post-Doc students and the students of arts the international Swiss Government Scholarship is only a master’s degree. So, the students who are curious, have great ideas, have open minds, and are inclined towards cultural exchange must apply for this highly competitive scholarship opportunity.
Annually, the Swiss Confederation grants Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international cooperation and exchange through research and arts between Switzerland and over 180 countries. These international scholarships are available for the nationals of the countries which has diplomatic relations with Switzerland. The Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarships also raise Switzerland’s international profile in promoting research culture and as a leading ERI player.
Switzerland is a well-reputed country when it comes to education. That is why Switzerland has a high rate of foreign to international students in tertiary education. Moreover, 113 Nobel Prize winners have their relation with Switzerland education. Switzerland also comes in the top rankings for its educational institutes. Switzerland has a remarkable print in long-term sustainable education, research, and innovation. This face is one of the pillars of Switzerland’s success. So, the creative, inventive, and talented minds of the world one highly welcomed to apply for the Swiss Government Scholarships 2022-23 in Switzerland.
The rich culture and highly advanced life of Switzerland enable the students to become confident and excel in their fields of study. In addition, the Swiss Government Scholarship for foreign scholars is an outstanding opportunity for students to make contacts with the university professors in Switzerland and do remarkable research. The scholars have a great collaborative community of alumni after completing the scholarship tenure and keep in touch with each other afterward. This helps to promote global cooperation and a culture of tolerance which is also the need of the hour. The following article is a complete guide about two different types of scholarship under this international scholarship program in Switzerland along with the benefits and the procedure to apply for a scholarship.
Swiss Government ExcellenceScholarships 2022-23:
- Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students.
- Masters Degree
- Research Degree
- Swiss Government Excellence Master’s Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence PhD Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships
Types of Scholarships:
There are two types of programs that the scholarship offers.
- The applicant can apply in any field of study under this program and research scholars are allowed to study in all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, two federal institutes of technology, as well as four research institutes.
Art scholarships are for those who are applying for a master’s degree. A limited number of countries are allowed for this group. Art scholarship holders can study any Swiss conservatory or university of arts.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Research Scholarship in Switzerland – 12 months
- PhD Scholarship in Switzerland- 12 to 36 months (time duration varies based on academic achievement)
- Post-Doc Scholarship- 12 months
Benefits of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022-23:
- There is no application processing fee.
- A monthly stipend will be given to master’s, PhD, and Postdoctoral students.
- Mandatory Swiss health insurance will be provided.
- Students from Non-EU and non-EFTA countries will receive a flight allowance (back to home) after the completion of the study.
- A special housing allowance of 300 CHF at the beginning of the scholarship will be given.
- Students will get half-fare public transportation.
- Students will be enjoying support service, trips, dinners, and sightseeing tours.
Eligibility Criteria of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2022:
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must have an acceptance letter from a professor from the Swiss university. Therefore, you must know how to get an acceptance letter from a professor.
- For PhD and Post-doc, the applicant must have a master’s degree equivalent to a Swiss master’s degree.
- For the master’s program, the applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree equivalent to the Swiss bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant must be the national of a country with which Switzerland has diplomatic relations.
- Scholarship holders must be able to move to Switzerland for the study period.
- The applicant who is residing in Switzerland for more than me year is not eligible to apply.
- The applicant who have already received any other Swiss Government grant can not apply.
- The eligibility for master’s program slightly differs from the country to country. You must check the eligibility criteria by Select Your Country: Countries A – L / Countries M – Z
How to apply for Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarships?
- The applicants have to apply for PhD, Post-Doc, or master’s programs in Swiss universities as well as for the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) separately.
- The applicant must provide his/her complete profile and research project or artistic work.
- The applicant has to find a supervisor on his/her own from a desired Swiss university.
- It is recommended that the research work of your selected professors coincides with your area of study.
- Makes direct contact with your professor and communicate about your interest in Swiss Government scholarship.
- The students applying for Arts must confirm their country’s eligibility first.
- The document must be in English.
- The application package can be obtained by the Embassy of Switzerland.
Documens Required for Swiss Government Scholarships 2022-23:
- A short CV.
- A letter of motivation.
- A research plan of maximum of 5 pages (signed) using the FCS form.
- Submit two sets of documents 1-original and 1 copy.
- The first set must contain the original signed documents having two letters of recommendation (if applicable attested in English).
- The second set must contain a copy of the first set except for recommendation letters.
- Aa typed and printed FCS form with photo.
- The application deadline varies from country to country. The Swiss scholarship’s result will be announced by the End of May 2022.