Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-22 are awarded by UK the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to talented and highly motivated students from low or middle-income countries.
All the students from the Commonwealth countries who can not afford to study in the UK universities and can not afford to pursue their PhD in the UK have a brilliant chance to fulfill their dream to study in the UK top universities. Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship is for those PhD students who are committed to achieving sustainable development goals through research and studies. Moreover, in this Study in Hungary all the scholars are considered potential candidates who can be great teachers and researchers in the future.
The Commonwealth scholarship for PhD students aims to provide high-quality equipment and educational assistance to able and deserving candidates. Furthermore, the high-quality graduates and PhD candidates are assessed by their research focus on the development and their research contribution in the better future of higher education in the Commonwealth countries as well as in the UK. The fully-funded scholarship is an excellent example of collaboration among the Uk and low-income or middle-income countries or the Commonwealth countries.
The Commonwealth scholarships 2021-22 are confined to six CSC development themes. These themes include; science and technology, strengthening the health system and capacity, strengthening global peace, security and governance, strengthening reliance and response to crises and access, inclusion, and opportunity. So, the fully-funded international scholarship in the Uk assists financially all those students who aim to excel in the above-mentioned fields. Commonwealth scholarship helps in the promotion of historically disadvantaged communities and countries. The scholars under this fully-paid doctoral program in the Uk are expected to expand their educational skills and research work in order to enhance the decision-making capabilities of disadvantaged countries.
Besides all the above-mentioned benefits, the scholarship provides all the possible required financial assistance to the PhD candidates during their stay and study in the UK. Thus, this outstanding opportunity for doctoral candidates enables talented scholars to make a difference in the communities. All the candidates who feel eligible for this scholarship must not miss the chance to apply. The following paragraphs include a complete guide about the eligibility criteria, procedure to apply along with the benefits of this Commonwealth Split-site scholarship 2021-22
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-22, UK:
- United Kingdom
- The UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO
Check OECD Internship in Paris
Eligible Countries for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2021-22:
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
Benefits of the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-22:
- Full tuition will be covered.
- The scholars will receive a monthly stipend of £1,116.
- In case the scholar’s university is in the London Metropolitan area, the monthly stipend will be £1369.
- A return air ticket will be provided.
- A study travel grant will be provided.
- Warm clothing allowance will be given (Where Applicable).
- In the case of widowed, divorced, or a single parent, the first child allowance of £478/month, and the second and third child allowance of £118 will be given.
Note: Children must be under 16 years of age.
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021:
- The applicant must be a commonwealth country citizen.
- The applicant can be a British-protected person.
- The applicant who has refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country can also apply.
- If the applicant is a permanent resident of a commonwealth country, he/she can apply.
- The applicant must be registered for PhD in any university of the Commonwealth country at the time of confirmation of the scholarship (September 2021).
- There must be a link between the applicant’s host university and the UK’s university.
- Supportive details must be provided by both the university’s professors that confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
How to apply for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships in the UK?
- The applicant must apply to a university that has a funding agreement with the CSC. The list of part funding universities is given.
- The application is directly submitted to CSC by using CSC online application system.
- The application that is not submitted via CSC online system will not be accepted.
- The following documents are required for a successful application.
- Copy of Passport or national ID that shows a clear picture and complete personal details.
- Complete prior educational transcripts.
- Supporting statement of the supervisor from your home country.
- Sypporting statement of the supervisor from Uk’s university.
- A reference letter form another individual.
- All applications must be submitted by 17:00 (GMT) on 02 August 2021.
- Supporting documentation by 17:00 (GMT) on 23 August 2021.