The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022 is a fully funded fellowship for activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars from all over the world to spend 5 months in residence at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
The exchange program in Washington D.C. allows fellows to undertake independent research on the global democratic developments and to undergo research in a particular country or region. The Reagan-Fascell fellowship also provides the opportunity to the fellows to learn the advanced skills and expertise from International Forum for Democratic Studies, as this center is the leading place of analysis about the democratic transitions in the world.
The five-month fully-funded international fellowship in the USA is for the practitioners as well as for the scholars. However, the practitioners will learn the methods to improve the strategies and techniques for building democracy worldwide and the scholars will learn the techniques to conduct original and exclusive research for their publications. In order to gain all the productive experiences, the National Endowment for Democracy Fellowship ensures the engagement of the fellows with other counterparts, the availability of the resources to conduct research and writing, and opportunities to develop professional relationships with a global network of democracy advocates.
The Reagan-Fascell program warmly welcomes the practitioners from developing or aspiring democracies and also those who are from non-democratic countries and other established democracies. The NED democracy fellowship program is based on many educational and recreational events which help the fellows to gain knowledge about the work of Enfownment and its other related institutions. The events can be seminars, roundtable conferences, field trips, sports, museum trips, movies and happy hours, etc. All these events are to educate the fellows about education concerning democracy and to promote a sense of collaboration among the fellows.
Fellowship in the USA deals with specific democracy-related projects. The NED fellows are expected to work on the projects that are on the basis of NED proposed projects. The projects of practitioners as well as scholars must be focused on the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural dimensions of democratic developments. The project may also be based on a wide range of methodologies and approaches. The following article is a complete guide about the other financial benefits along with the eligibility and procedure to apply successfully. As NED has a mission to support freedom around the world, the potential candidates who feel themselves the proponent of democratic values and its propagation must not miss the chance to apply in Fellowship in the USA.
Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022 in the USA:
- The United States of America
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- Washington, D.C.
- 5 Months
Benefits of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022:
- The fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
- The health insurance of the fellows will be covered by the organization.
- The cost of a furnished rental apartment will be paid.
- The cost of roundtrip travel to and from Washington D.C. will be covered.
- The costs of living which include food, local transportation, and other living necessities will be covered.
- A fully equipped office will is provided.
- The cost of long-distance phone calls and professional trips will be covered. (Limited budget)
Eligibility Criteria of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022:
The basic eligibility criteria are the same for both practitioners as well as scholars. However, some requirements are different for both of them.
- The applicants must be proficient in English.
- The applicant must propose a project that will be focusing on the political, social, economic legal, or cultural sides of the democratic countries.
- The applicants must ensure their availability at the residence in Washington D.C. during their 5-months of the fellowship program.
Eligibility for Practitioners Track
- The applicant must be a mid-career professional.
- The applicant must have practical experience promoting democracy or human rights in the country or region.
Eligibility for Scholars
- The applicants must have completed the PhD or equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- The applicants must have a record of publications in their respective fields.
- The applicants must formulate a detailed outline of the research project for the fellowship program.
How to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2022?
- In order to apply the applicants have to create an online account through our online portal.
- After the successful creation of the account and successful registration, a confirmation email will be received.
- Through the confirmation email, the applicants will be brought to a webpage from where they can create a username and password to continue the application process.
Check Internships in Austria
Application Process of the NED Fellowship 2022:
- The application process starts after successfully logging in.
- To start the application click on the click to start button.
- Provide your general information including name, citizenship, date of birth and gender, etc.
- Provide authentic and accessible contact information.
- Provide an accurate assessment of English proficiency.
- Provide your fellowship information.
- A complete project proposal information must be provided.
- An updated resume must be provided in the application.
- Provide all the reference information.
- Don’t leave any blank in the application.
- After providing all the required information click on the review and submit application button.
- All the application material must be submitted in English.
- The application deadline for the 2022-2023 Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is October 1, 2021. The deadline for the letters of recommendation or letters or reference letters is October 8, 2021.