A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
We are aware of the current situation regarding COVID-19. Scholars will be advised to travel once travel restrictions are lifted and universities are open and accepting international students.
- Scholarship Countries: Commonwealth Countries
- Course Level: Masters Degree (2 Year)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 9th July 2020
The Following Countries will be Participating in QECS 2021:
- Sri Lanka
- South Pacific
- South Africa
- Papua New Guinea
Name of the Universities Participating in Scholarship
- Sri Lanka: IBMBB, University of Colombo, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- South Pacific: The University of the South Pacific, Fiji National University
- South Africa: University of Johannesburg, Rhodes University, University of Stellenbosch, North-West University, Tshwane University of Technology, University of Pretoria
- Papua New Guinea: Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- Namibia: University of Namibia
Available Fields to Study by the QECS:
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is Fully Funded Scholarships and it will cover all the Expenses for the Students which are given below.
- Full Tuition Fees.
- Living Expenses Allowance (Stipend) for the duration of the award.
- Accommodation Allowance
- Return Economy Flights to their host Country.
- An Arrival Allowance.
- Research Support Grant – on request only; subject to approval.
Eligibility Criteria for the QECS Scholarship:
- To apply for the Scholarships. You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country
- You Must Hold a Bachelors Degree at the time of admission.
- There is No Upper age Limit or age Restrictions.
- Universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions.
- All further questions and their answers are available (Check FAQs)
- Medicine, Health and life sciences
- Physical Sciences, engineering and mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
Deadline to Apply:
The Applications are Now open. The Deadline to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2021 is 9th July 2020
How to Apply for the QECS Scholarship
The Application Process is totally Online. To Apply for the Scholarship. Visit the