Applications are open for international students for MS and PhD. Read the post thoroughly if you are looking for fully funded Chinese scholarships at NPU.
- Admission Requirements
- Nationality & Health conditionApplicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid ordinary passport，and must offer the valid health checklist and the authorized photocopy.(For health checklist, please find out at: http://gjjyxy.nwpu.edu.cn/new/rxzb/tjb.htm )NOTICE: Ethnic Chinese who come to study in China must obtain foreign nationality and cancel their Chinese nationality before April 30, 2016, and have a record of living abroad for more than 2 years from April 30, 2016 to April 30, 2020.
- Age & Academic background
- Applicants who apply for Master must be under 35 years old and have the valid bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Applicants who apply for PhD must be under 40 years old and have the valid master’s degree certificate.
(To see whether your university has been recognized please find out at: http://www.moe.gov.cn/ )
- Applicants should have strong capacity in scientific research
- GPA requirement:Applicants should have good academic marks. GPA from previous (latest) school must be:
- 3.0 or above (out of 4.0);
- 3.75 or above (out of 5.0);
- 75 or above (out of 100):
- Language requirements:
- For Chinese Medium Major: ≥HSK level4 (above 200 points) and HSKK (Intermediate); or native Chinese speakers;
- For English Medium: ≥ IELTS overall 5.5; ≥ TOFEL 75(TOEFL Mybest Scores are accepted,DI code:C317); ≥ GRE 310+3.5; ≥ PTE Academic 55; Cambridge international Advanced level (English subject); or native English speakers.
- How to applyOnline application system is the only acceptable method and is only available before the deadline. Applicants should log in to the online application system at the beginning. Step 1: Find out the courses that you would like to study and check the enroll requirement:
- For master’s degrees: http://gjjyxy.nwpu.edu.cn/new_en/zs/Masters.htm;
- For PhD degrees: http://gjjyxy.nwpu.edu.cn/new_en/zs/Ph_D_.htm;(Attached at the end of the booklet or can be found on school websites.) Step 2: Log in to the application system; pay the application fee andupload all the documents and payment receipt and finish the online application through the following website: http://admission.nwpu.edu.cn/en/indexNOTICE：The register account must be your valid E-mail as the admission officer will inform all results of your application to this E-mail. Step 3: Admission Committee will be organized to review documents of applicants and applicants’ documents will be selected for further review academic schools. Applicants will be notified for further interview by email if they pass the review. Step 4: Send Admission Notice and other relevant documents. The registration deadline is 31th August 2020 (See the admission notice). If you fail to register within the time limit without the permission of the Admission office of International College, you will be forfeited admission into this university.
- Application documents
- Application form (auto-generated after the online registration);If the student wants to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, he or she needs to upload the CSC application form as well.
- A clear photocopy of a valid passport;
- Notarized highest diploma (in Chinese / English or notarized translation in Chinese / English);
- Official academic transcript (in Chinese / English or notarized translation in Chinese / English);
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese / English by Professors or associate Professors.
- The acceptance letter from the Supervisor;（See the template below）
- The applicant’s study or research plan in China (in Chinese / English);
- Notarized copies of research achievements;
- Language proficiency certificate (please see language requirement);
- Non-criminal record (valid within 5 months).
- Physical examination report (http://gjjyxy.nwpu.edu.cn/new_en/rxzb/Physical_Examination_Record.htm);
- Supplementary documents will be required according to the circumstances of the applicants.
- Application fee：600 RMB
- Tuition fee:Master program: 30000 RMB per year;PhD program: 38000 RMB per year
- Insurance: 800 RMB per year
- Accommodation: 600-1600 RMB per month
- Chinese Government Scholarship (Type A)
- This includes full or partial scholarships in accordance with the educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. It supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
- Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their home countries.
- Application Website:
- Chinese Government Scholarship (Type B)
- This is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports undergraduates, postgraduate students and doctoral students.
- Applicants shall apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
- Application Website:
NOTICE: There is MAJOR LIMITATION for Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program application. Please see more details below.
- NPU President Scholarship
In order to encourage talented international students’ study at NPU, we set up NPU President Scholarship.
- For the Excellence prize winners, Exemption from tuition fee; providing free on campus accommodation and living stipend (Master student: 2000RMB/month, Doctoral student: 3500RMB/month);
- For the Full prize winners, tuition fees are waived;
- For the Half prize winners, 50% tuition fees are waived.
- Application fee is 100USD or 600RMB. Any of the following cases of the winners will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship, and could result in losing tuition waiver if the cases are too serious: (1) absence and leaves (including sick leaves and personal leaves) from lessons adding up to 10 class hours; (2) absence from or cheating on exams; (3) disciplinary punishment of warning or above.
- Application website：http://admission.nwpu.edu.cn
- Xi’an City ‘The Belt and Road’International Students Scholarship
In order to encourage the international students from the countries along the Belt and Road to study at NPU, Xi’an City government sets‘The Belt and Road’ International Students Scholarship.
For Master student: 20000RMB/Year,
For Doctoral student: 25000RMB/Year;
Application fee is 100USD or 600RMB. Any of the following cases of the winners will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship, and could result in losing stipend if the cases are too serious: (1) absence and leaves (including sick leaves and personal leaves) from lessons adding up to 10 class hours; (2) absence from or cheating on exams; (3) disciplinary punishment of warning or above.
v. Contact usInternational college of Northwestern Polytechnical UniversityNo. 127 Youyi Xilu, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710072, ChinaEmail: email@example.comTel: +86-029-88494381Website: Http://gjjyxy.nwpu.edu.cn